email: 3 column alignment

Ron Zisman
ricochet.org/revised.html <http://ricochet.org/revised.html>

hi,

i was tinkering around with something making client changes, and i broke it.

in the middle of the page is a table with 3 columns in it (price chart)

they used to align, and i’d like em to again, but can’t find the problem.

the percentage value for the column widths can change, but when i tried the widths didn’t seem to change.

thanks in advance,

ron

Re: email: 3 column alignment

Tom Livingston
Put the 3 tds in one row.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Ron Zisman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ricochet.org/revised.html <http://ricochet.org/revised.html>
>
> hi,
>
> i was tinkering around with something making client changes, and i broke it.
>
> in the middle of the page is a table with 3 columns in it (price chart)
>
> they used to align, and i’d like em to again, but can’t find the problem.
>
> the percentage value for the column widths can change, but when i tried the widths didn’t seem to change.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> ron

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com

#663399

Re: email: 3 column alignment

Rod Castello-2
Hi Ron,
I just happened to have developed this table for an email we did.
http://smashcube.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/fluid-tables.html
I altered it a bit to be 100% width so you can see the responsive nature in
it. You might be able to alter it a bit to suit your needs. The nice thing
about it is that if some content wraps in any given row, it doesn't throw
off the alignment in the other rows, the just move down to compensate. Hope
it helps. I threw in a red underline to show how you produce your
underlines. You could probably use the date and time columns as gutters
between your 3 main content columns, just give them a much smaller % width.
The other 3 columns could be set at 30% or so each. Take out the background
blue and change the font color the same for each row and you are good.
Change your overall width to 600px or what you want for your desktop
version, give that table a class, and then target that class for your media
queries to get this to be responsive on other devices.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Ron Zisman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ricochet.org/revised.html <http://ricochet.org/revised.html>
>
> hi,
>
> i was tinkering around with something making client changes, and i broke
> it.
>
> in the middle of the page is a table with 3 columns in it (price chart)
>
> they used to align, and i’d like em to again, but can’t find the problem.
>
> the percentage value for the column widths can change, but when i tried
> the widths didn’t seem to change.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> ron

Rod Castello