Quantcast

Font size on Blackberry PRIV

Tim Dawson
My web site at http://new.gigaplusargyll.co.uk displays OK on most screen sizes (it's not perfect
yet), but a colleague who has a Blackberry PRIV (late 2016 model) reports that the text size is far
too large.

This is perhaps surprising for an Android phone (but I've seen it for myself), and I'm wondering if
anyone has seen this and managed to find a way of setting the font size to fix it?

My standard method for text sizing is to use 'small' for the body, and then percentages for
everything. Normally this works, but not in this case.

Regards,

Tim Dawson
--
Tim Dawson
Maolbhuidhe

01681 700718

Re: Font size on Blackberry PRIV

Karl DeSaulniers
Hi Tim,
You might want to try setting your body to 100% or 1em; or 1rem; and see what happens.
Season to taste.

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 5:16 AM, Tim Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My web site at http://new.gigaplusargyll.co.uk displays OK on most screen sizes (it's not perfect yet), but a colleague who has a Blackberry PRIV (late 2016 model) reports that the text size is far too large.
>
> This is perhaps surprising for an Android phone (but I've seen it for myself), and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this and managed to find a way of setting the font size to fix it?
>
> My standard method for text sizing is to use 'small' for the body, and then percentages for everything. Normally this works, but not in this case.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tim Dawson
> --
> Tim Dawson
> Maolbhuidhe
> Fionnphort
> Isle of Mull  PA66 6BP
>
> 01681 700718

Re: Font size on Blackberry PRIV

Tim Dawson
Hello Karl,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already tried setting as a pixel size, which didn't make any
difference on the Blackberry, so I'll just continue through the other options.

Tim

On 09/03/2017 12:29, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

> Hi Tim, You might want to try setting your body to 100% or 1em; or 1rem; and see what happens.
> Season to taste.
>
> Best,
>
> Karl DeSaulniers Design Drumm http://designdrumm.com
>

>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 5:16 AM, Tim Dawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> My web site at http://new.gigaplusargyll.co.uk displays OK on most screen sizes (it's not
>> perfect yet), but a colleague who has a Blackberry PRIV (late 2016 model) reports that the text
>> size is far too large.
>>
>> This is perhaps surprising for an Android phone (but I've seen it for myself), and I'm
>> wondering if anyone has seen this and managed to find a way of setting the font size to fix
>> it?
>>
>> My standard method for text sizing is to use 'small' for the body, and then percentages for
>> everything. Normally this works, but not in this case.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tim Dawson -- Tim Dawson Maolbhuidhe Fionnphort Isle of Mull  PA66 6BP
>>
>> 01681 700718 ______________________________________________________________________ css-discuss
>> -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/ List policies -- http://css-discuss.org/policies.html
>> Supported by evolt.org -- http://www.evolt.org/help_support_evolt/

Tim Dawson
Maolbhuidhe
Fionnphort
Isle of Mull  PA66 6BP

01681 700718

Re: Font size on Blackberry PRIV

Karl DeSaulniers
Browsers already set a px size on their own, usually 16px = 1em/100%/1rem but can be set by the user. Setting the body to 100% or 1em or 1rem is basically setting the body to the users default size. Then any % or em or rem measurements on elements will build off of this. So a div that is in the body with 2em font size will actually be a 32px font and if a paragraph inside that div has 2em font it will actually be a 64px font size. Hope that makes sense. :)

GL!

Best,
Karl

Sent from losPhone