Quantcast

Developing on an iPad? [OT]

John J
Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is done?

Thank you,

Re: Developing on an iPad? [OT]

Tom Livingston
I tried. I have Coda. My dev situation at work made it too much of a pain.
Your mileage may vary. If you can connect to your file remotely and
therefore use said remote environment to view the files - a web server -
then it may work for u.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:54 PM John J <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is done?
>

> Thank

Re: Developing on an iPad? [OT]

Ingo-4
Not perfect, but simple setup: Chrome devtools with device toogled to
iPad will get you some distance. Then develop on a server and do
frequent tests with real iPad(s).

On 31/12/16 20:54, John J wrote:
 > Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is done?

Re: Developing on an iPad? [OT]

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
Leo :  Are not develop /for/ an I-pad and develop /on/ an I-pad two rather different concepts ?
Philip Taylor
--------
Leo Ingson wrote:

> Not perfect, but simple setup: Chrome devtools with device toogled to
> iPad will get you some distance. Then develop on a server and do
> frequent tests with real iPad(s).

> On 31/12/16 20:54, John J wrote:

>> Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is
>> done?

Re: Developing on an iPad? [OT]

Karl DeSaulniers
XCode has a iPhone and iPad emulator and I think even iWatch now. But don't quote me on that.

Best,
Karl

Sent from losPhone

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 6:47 AM, Leo Ingson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not perfect, but simple setup: Chrome devtools with device toogled to iPad will get you some distance. Then develop on a server and do frequent tests with real iPad(s).
>

> On 31/12/16 20:54, John J wrote:
> > Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is done?

Re: Developing on an iPad? [OT]

O'Brien, Corey (US - Harrisburg)
Agree with this.  It sounds like the OP wanted to know about developing “with” an iPAD not developing “for” one.  There are a few apps that allow code development on one.  There are two that I have used before Textastic and codeanywhere.  You can also use some forms of full desktop apps that have mobile app equivalents.  One of the best ways, though, to develop on an iPAD is just to use remote desktop (with windows) or use something like astropad or parallels access if you are on a mac.

Hope this was your question.

    Leo Ingson wrote:

    > Not perfect, but simple setup: Chrome devtools with device toogled to
    > iPad will get you some distance. Then develop on a server and do
    > frequent tests with real iPad(s).

    > On 31/12/16 20:54, John J wrote:

    >> Can anyone here who develops on an iPad kindly share how this is
    >> done?

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

v.E.1