Box Sizing

Crest Christopher
I have a question regarding box sizing.

Box Sizing: Content Box
Doesn't include the height values, only the width values, unlike border
box ?

Box Sizing: Border Box
Includes the border and padding values into the height and width values,
allowing you to set the total width of an alement though the width property.

Re: Box Sizing

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
Crest Christopher wrote:
> I have a question regarding box sizing.
>
> Box Sizing: Content Box
> Doesn't include the height values, only the width values, unlike border box ?
>
> Box Sizing: Border Box
> Includes the border and padding values into the height and width values, allowing you to set the total width of an alement though the width property.
Your habit of phrasing questions as statements does not (IMHO) encourage others to try to answer them.  If you were to phrase questions as questions (/qua/ questions), I believe that you might expect more, and more informative, replies.

Philip Taylor

Re: Box Sizing

Crest Christopher
There is a question. The second statement as you perceive is more of a
clarification.

> Philip Taylor <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Monday, March 20, 2017 10:26 AMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Your habit of phrasing questions as statements does not (IMHO)
> encourage others to try to answer them. If you were to phrase
> questions as questions (/qua/ questions), I believe that you might
> expect more, and more informative, replies.
>
> Philip Taylor
> Crest Christopher <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:24 PMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> I have a question regarding box sizing.
>
> Box Sizing: Content Box
> Doesn't include the height values, only the width values, unlike
> border box ?
>
> Box Sizing: Border Box
> Includes the border and padding values into the height and width
> values, allowing you to set the total width of an alement though the
> width property.

Re: Box Sizing

olegk65@gmail.com
This is actually not a question - because for as question, somebody have to
think, for yours in particular you just have to open a CSS3 documentation
or open any good link with extensive amount of pictures - just check css
tricks site, just for example.
Answering your "question" would be a little bit insulting for any person
who spent a few minutes checking the docs.

Seriously, ask something worth answering.

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Crest Christopher <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a question. The second statement as you perceive is more of a
> clarification.
>
> Philip Taylor <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Monday, March 20, 2017 10:26 AMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?
>> utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>> Your habit of phrasing questions as statements does not (IMHO) encourage
>> others to try to answer them. If you were to phrase questions as questions
>> (/qua/ questions), I believe that you might expect more, and more
>> informative, replies.
>>
>> Philip Taylor
>> Crest Christopher <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:24 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?
>> utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>> I have a question regarding box sizing.
>>
>> Box Sizing: Content Box
>> Doesn't include the height values, only the width values, unlike border
>> box ?
>>
>> Box Sizing: Border Box
>> Includes the border and padding values into the height and width values,
>> allowing you to set the total width of an alement though the width property.

Re: Box Sizing

Tom Livingston
As always, the google is your friend.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/box-sizing

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Crest Christopher <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a question. The second statement as you perceive is more of a
> clarification.
>
> Philip Taylor <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Monday, March 20, 2017 10:26 AMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?
>> utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>> Your habit of phrasing questions as statements does not (IMHO) encourage
>> others to try to answer them. If you were to phrase questions as questions
>> (/qua/ questions), I believe that you might expect more, and more
>> informative, replies.
>>
>> Philip Taylor
>> Crest Christopher <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:24 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?
>> utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>> I have a question regarding box sizing.
>>
>> Box Sizing: Content Box
>> Doesn't include the height values, only the width values, unlike border
>> box ?
>>
>> Box Sizing: Border Box
>> Includes the border and padding values into the height and width values,
>> allowing you to set the total width of an alement though the width property.

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com

#663399

Re: Box Sizing

Crest Christopher
That answers my question :)