Animating text

Tom Livingston
This may not be CSS related, so I apologize if the appropriate answer
has nothing to do with CSS...

I am looking for a way to animate text for a web page. I am looking
for the ability to do things like reveal a word as if it were growing
out of a rule on the page, roll from one line of text to another in a
slot machine style, or slide a line of text. Ultimately, we would like
it to be html text for accessibility and SEO purposes. I am having
little luck on Google but that may be my search terms.

Anyone do something like this? Any references?

Thanks in advance.

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Front End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | medialogic.com

#663399

Re: Animating text

Karl DeSaulniers
Hi Tom,
Don't know of a css way, but I would say jQuery is your friend on this one.
jQuery + Super Scrollorama is really neat! Does a lot of what you're talking about already
and can be based on the users scroll position if desired.

http://johnpolacek.github.io/superscrollorama/

Learning curve isn't too much either.
Have a look.

HTH.